Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Humbled indeed!

A few hours ago, we had a presentation for prospective employers by Lesley Emanuel. She is a WOW co-ordinator. The idea was that she would give the prospective employers an idea about the programme and what its meant to archieve. She gave the visitors a brief overview of the topics covered and brief descriptions of the students attending the course. She also pointed out that what the programme had to offer employers was a crop of well- trained, highly competent and skilled students. As I listened to Lesley describing the calibre of the students in the programme, I thought to myself that I have never heard anyone describe me in such terms. I felt humbled by the fact that she feels she can speak about her students so highly without blinking, that she has that much faith in me. It seemed as if she was challenging me to rise up and be what she was describing. I think that when someone expects the best of you because they believe that is what you can be, you can only only be the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home