Saturday, April 26, 2008

Surrounded by love and care

There I was yesterday trying to carry five heavy shopping bags across a busy street. as I was about to cross, a nice lady walked up to me and pointed out that there was a hawk- eyed fellow following me. She thought he was eyeing my handbag and that I should get a trolley to help with the load so I can mind my handbag. Before I could answer, she motioned to a young man with a trolley to come over. She swiftly loaded my bags into the trolley, negotiated the price and told me to pay him upfront. Afterwards, she sent us off and went her way. Assuming the woman was my mother, the trolley fellow pointed that she must love me a lot to worry about me being followed by thieves.

Later on I thought to myself how, in going about our business, we tend to lose sight of what is happening around us. If the nice lady had not pointed out that I was being followed, I probably would have lost my handbag. I was suprised by the fact that she felt compelled to ensure that I was safe. She was a reminder that people still care about others and are willing to help. one does not have to go through life feeling like they are alone and no one will help them. If a total stranger can care enough to volunteer help, imagine how much help one can get from people if they simply ask from those who love them.

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 7:07 AM , Blogger kgomotso makhene said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! That is the sweetest story I have heard all year. I believe that good things happen to good spirited people. You are blessed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home