Saturday, May 10, 2008

New intern

I recently started my internship at Constitution Hill and I must say, I am happy so far.I was rather surprised when I got the call informing me that I was to start my internship on the 5th of May because I expected the placement to take a while. My first day was amazing. I knew a bit about the place so the tour of the place really taught me a lot. As new staff members we, me and three other new ladies, were taken on a tour of the whole site. The tour took three hours because the site is huge. We had not been forewarned and we wore inappropriate shoes (high heels) so by the time the tour was over, we could not wait to take our shoes off. Apart from the pinching and burning of the shoes, we enjoyed the tour. The staff members I met on the first day were very receptive and friendly. Later on during the day I was taken to the offices were I would be working from. It is a neat, well light area and I was particulary happy about the light. Winter days can be dreary and the site of light always cheers me up. The other thing that I liked about the place is the fact that the offices are spread across different locations on the sight. Though one can simply phone an office if they wish to communicate, people often have to walk to other offices for things they need. I have not been exercising much so the walking will be good for my weight management. By the end of the day, I was more than convinced that I would enjoy my stay at Con Hill, gain valuable experience and look leaner by the end of my internship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home