Friday, May 23, 2008

Artistic talents

Last week I went on a trip to the Artist Proof Studio that left me feeling very ordinary. My artistic abilities are virtually non existant so one can imagine how I felt when I found myself surrounded by great artists. I went there on a talent scouting mission, I was looking for young artists whose works are to be part of an exhibition. I was not very sure of the work I wanted to use so a co-worker suggested I try young artists; they are always full of bright ideas and willing to be given exposure. Since she was on her way to the Artist Proof Studios, she suggested I come along and have a look at the place. We were lucky for we found a class in session. We went around looking at their work. I was impressed by the students' works. I saw the most fascinating drawings and prints. Some of the work was rather abstract but some of it was realistic and it covered quite a wide array of contemporary topics and subjects. At the moment I am still looking around at different works but I am seriously considering some of the pieces that I saw for the exhibition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home