Friday, June 6, 2008

Baby in the making.

I am so excited about the exhibition I am working on. I consider it my baby except it is yet to be born. I can not wait to finish the research paper first so I can get it out of the way. I will slave away over the weekend and finish it. I have been writing reserch papers all my life but I have never worked on an exhibition before. Last week, on this very day, I felt like I had a crisis of epidemic proportions. I had to start working on the exhibition and I had no idea were or how to start looking for material. Thanks to my knowledgeable office mates, I gathered up a few phone numbers and ideas and set to work. The crisis is over for now; I have managed to get hold of a few potential sources who sound keen on providing works. The good thing is they do not want to be paid so I might just have more than enough for refreshments on the opening night. I have everything well thought out now; I just have to work on getting all the pieces together. For now, I am confident that things will eventually work out and my baby will soon be born.

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2008 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Lesley Emanuel said...

Thanks for the update on your work! We are sure to feel your energy and enthusiasm in the actual exhibition. I'm looking forward to it!
Lesley

 
At June 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM , Blogger kgomotso makhene said...

hallo my love. Its great to hear that everything is working well for you!! what kind of works are you exhibiting? It sounds so interesting, although I don't particularly understand art itself. What objectives are you hoping to achieve once the research and the project is completed?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home