Friday, July 11, 2008

The mid- way crisis: Always have a plan B.

I am sure everyone is familiar with the mid- way crisis in any project, that point were everything looks set until someone decides to let you down. That just happened to me today. One of my suppliers decided to pull out of the exhibition. His complaint was that he was not prepared to sign a BEE form as, to quote him, "he did not want any trouble with Trevor Manuel". I guess he has not been paying his taxes and prefers to keep it that way. At first I thought I was done for because he is a central figure in arranging the exhibition. I tried to convince him to change his mind but he was adamant that he wanted out of the whole thing. After much worrying and coffe drinking, I decided to grant him his wish. He has been after all the weakest link in the chain; always complaining about the pettiest of things and wasting time. I decided that it will be better for the project and everyone involved if we sacrifice him. I told the rest of the team about this development and they all agreed that we should let him go. I now have to come up with a new plan very fast. I already have one in mind; it is costly but very quick to implement and yields results within days. I suppose it is now time to put plan B into action.

2 Comments:

At July 14, 2008 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Lesley Emanuel said...

Plan B? You are turning into a formidable organiser. And nothing gets you down...
Great going, Nomusa.
It sounds really intriguing.
I can't wait to see this exhibition.
How is the marketing of it going?
Lesley

 
At September 22, 2008 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, this is the "Business Class Woman" side of you that I didn't know!! Big ups. I enjoyed this particular post. Go, go, go girlfriend. Jenn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home