Monday, July 21, 2008

Relationship management.

I am happy I took the difficult decision I did two weeks ago to let one of my suppliers go. I am managing so much better now without having to worry about the supplier's trustworthiness. That episode taught me a valuable lesson about relationship management in general. Relationships with other people have their own challenges but they should not be a burden. They should be mutually beneficial to all involved. I have come to realise that a person needs two things to keep relationships working; wisdom and strength. One needs wisdom to be able to tell what is worth keeping or throwing out. If it gets to a point were you are putting in more than you are getting, then it is probably time to re-examine the relationship (with the aim of either balancing things out or terminating it). I am sure many of us have encountered that one friend, lover, workmate or relative who wanted to benefit from situations without putting in the effort. One thus has to know what they want and how much they are willing to pay for it but this has to be proportional to what they are getting in return.

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Lesley Emanuel said...

Hi Nomusa

I just want to congratulate you on your exhibition at Constitution Hill, “Our Lives Now” Migrant Experiences in South Africa.

It was a polished piece of work. It was clear that you put much thought into it. I was very proud to know you, and I sensed that the other WoWers who were there felt the same way.

(There was only one thing that occurred to me as I was driving away from the exhibition: I wished I could have seen pics/read text from the perpetrators of the violence; I imagine it would have been difficult to collect that material, but what insights it would have added to the issues... what do you think?)

And now that it is all over (or rather, just started), I'll give you a few days to catch your breath and then you must write a post about what/how amazing, innovative projects this exhibition has sparked for you, things you would like to get involved in after this experience and because of it.

Anyone else reading this comment, the exhibition is on at Number Four, Constitution Hill. The curator is Nomusa Moyo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home