Monday, August 4, 2008

Exhibition opening.

The exhibition opened last week after months of preparation. Getting the finishing touches done was a nightmare; I ran to and from trying to move furniture and signage around. By noon I was ready to explode with fatigue and anger. I had been expecting someone to help me with the signage. I am not well versed with the parking lot (I do not drive) so I had no idea were to start. People started arriving at 11:30 and our first guest was a photographer. I led him down to the meeting space and left him there while I went to put up the signage. It was after noon when I finished that task. I stumbled into the exhibition room all sweaty and out of breath from the running I had been doing outside. The crowd had grown and I could see a group of students approaching from the entrance. I looked around and saw the manager enjoying drinks with his friend. I was not particularly happy to see him; he was supposed to come in early and help me with the furniture yet there he was behaving like the perfect guest. I called everyone to gather in the exhibition room for the speeches seeing as we were now behind schedule. After a brief introduction by the manager, I gave my speeech. I had prepared a speech in advance which I forgot sometime during the morning. To avoid making a fool of myself, I kept the impromptu speech short. Afterwards we all went out for snacks and drinks. I am sure everyone enjoyed themselves eating and drinking and mingling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home