Thursday, August 7, 2008

The great people I have met.

The past three months have been a great learning experience for me. I met a host of characters that I genuinely liked and some that I tolerated because I had to. I learnt a few things from many of these people that I am likely to remember for a long time to come. The greatest lessons I have learnt have been from the invisible ordinary people. Take for example this taxi driver at the location were I stay. He is humane and kind and one of the finest man I have seen in a long time. He observes traffic rules and I have never heard him argue with passangers. He goes out of his way to help any passanger in need. And the cleaning lady who picked up a contact number that fell out of my purse and kept it for a week while I was away. I do not know her that well but we greet everytime we meet. And the security guards who moved chairs for me without my having asked them because they thought the load was too much for me. And the sweet neighbour's three year old son who, though he was afraid of me, knocked on my door one afternoon to invite me to share his birthday cake. These are some of the truly great people who have changed my life that I will remember for a long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home