Monday, May 30, 2011

Love in the time of winter

My son has the flu and has not been eating well since the start of winter. He has however been drinking fluids by the gallon and peeing every other minute. While I was changing his nappy yesterday, he decided to amuse himself by peeing straight into my face. His face turned red with laughter as I scrambled to avoid the well aimed stream of warm pee.

Being the smart nineteen month old that he is, he immediately went into damage control mode. He started shouting sorry from the top of his lungs and kissing me all over my damp face.

I must say, annoyed as I was, I could not help laughing and kissing him back. The boy has unconventional ways of expressing his love that for sure. I suppose I have to make peace with the fact that I am going to have a very wet winter this year.

If peeing is the language of love, then pee on my son!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home